Calories in vs calories out…

There always seems to be someone that no matter how healthy or what diet they are on never seems to lose weight. Why?
I’m not pretending to have all the answers but at the highest level, you need to burn more calories than you eat to lose weight.  

When I first set out to lose weight I got myself a fit bit to track my steps and activities. I set myself a goal of not consuming more than 2000 calories and I used my fitbit to record my calorie intake. 

I was not overly strict, I used a element of freestyle when capturing them as I didn’t want it to overtake my life but what I did learn was that my portion sizes were way too big and that I really didn’t need to be consuming as much as I was during the day.

I learned how to snack healthy and how to be wise with my food choices.  I tried to work with a 80-20 rule where 80% of the time I was well behaved and the other 20% I enjoyed a takeaway or alcohol.

Once I started keeping a loose eye on my calories and exercising well I soon noticed my weight drop off and the skills I’ve learned I still use now for when I notice if my weight gradually rises, I know what foods are wholesome and tasty but allows my weight to reduce. 

This post was mainly to re-establish the point to anyone that may be looking into another diet or overlooking the obvious. If you want more detail or a high level outline of my food diary at the time, then drop me a note and I’ll be glad to extend this post with more detail…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s